Get ready to indulge in one of India’s favorite dishes. The aroma of Chicken Tikka Masala as you tear a piece of hot butter paratha and take your first bite is bliss. Dip it into the gravy, then some tender, juicy chicken, and let the flavors satiate you. Drooling yet?
Give this delicious easy to cook Chicken Tikka Masala recipe a try. This is a spicy gravy that is perfectly rich and creamy with the goodness of tender pieces of chicken.
Start prepping for your dish by ordering fresh pieces of tender chicken from Express Meat Mart It is packed fresh and delivered fresh to your door in just 90 minutes so you can get cooking!
What Is Chicken Tikka Masala?
An Indian dish that consists of deeply marinated chicken in spices, yogurt, tomatoes, and other ingredients to form a semi-thick gravy. It is intensely flavored, rich, and creamy.
What Is The Perfect Cut For Chicken Tikka Masala?
Since a majority of the flavor of the dish comes from the flavor of chicken, opt for cuts that are meatier. Chicken Thigh is a great cut to cook Chicken Tikka Masala. The meaty pieces of the thigh are sure to elevate the flavor of your dish.
How Long Should You Marinate The Chicken?
When it comes to marinated chicken, the longer the better. To get an extremely flavourful dish, marinate the chicken overnight.
What Can You Serve With Chicken Tikka Masala?
Chicken Tikka Masala is the main course that is super versatile. You can serve it with ghee rice, jeera rice, kulchas, butter naan, or even roomali rotis. Depending on your taste and meal preference, you can pick from one of these options.
Cook your Chicken Tikka Masala with fresh chicken from Express Meat Mart. Let us know how your dish turned out to be in the comments below. If you post your recipe on social media, hashtag us at #MadeWithExpressMeatMart. We’d love to see your delicious creations.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 800 g boneless and skinless bite-sized chicken pieces
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli
- 1 tsp Salt
For the Masala Gravy
- 2 tbsp of vegetable/canola oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp garlic finely grated
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely grated
- 1½ tsp Garam masala
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 400 g Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1¼ cups thick cream
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup Water if needed
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander to garnish
- Take a bowl and add the marination ingredients such as yoghurt, minced garlic, grated ginger, garam masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red Kashmiri chilli powder and salt. Mix the ingredients and add the chicken pieces. Coat them well in the mixture. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. You can also marinate the chicken overnight and use it for this recipe.
- Take a large skillet pan. Add oil and heat it on medium flame. Add the chicken pieces and fry each side for 3 minutes until they turn golden brown. Make sure to add two or three pieces only at a time.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add onions and sauté them until they turn golden brown. Scrape any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add ginger, garlic, and sauté for a few minutes. Then add cumin powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder and garam masala. Mix until fragrant. Then add the tomato puree, chilli powder and salt. Let the gravy simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the cream and sugar and stir the mixture.
- Once the gravy thickens, add the chicken pieces and its juices. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. If needed, pour little water if the sauce is too thick. Take the pan off the stove. Let it rest. Then garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with basmati rice.
Recipe Tip You can prefer to grill the marinated chicken on a skewer to add more smoky taste to your recipe.
Share your version with us How do you make Chicken Tikka Masala at home? Share your recipe with us!